Omnis Studio 10.2 was released in November 2020 and many developers are already taking advantage of its new features and enhancements to accelerate their application development projects, from conception to market in record time! In this article we want to highlight some of the main features in Studio 10.2, and if you have not already done so, we want to convince you to upgrade to this new version – or if you are new to Omnis Studio, to convince you to try it using our 90-day free trial.
The Omnis Studio 10.2 release also includes many enhancements in the Code Editor, including Code Folding and Word Wrapping, plus you can now edit your code when using the Remote Debugger – which makes it easier to support & maintain your customers’ apps remotely. For the thick client, there is a new Token Entry Field and Breadcrumb control, plus Page panes can be displayed as Side panels improving the UX for desktop apps.
Faster, easier development features – a closer look
The following provides a closer look at some of the enhancements added to Studio 10.2, to make app development and coding easier, and to dramatically improve the UI in your finished web and mobile applications – and there are a few updates to improve your desktop apps as well.
- Animations and effects for a modern UX – JS components now respond to clicks with animated ‘burst’ highlighting and dynamic shadow effects to enhance the end-user experience, plus many have been improved for Touch devices.
- Support for SVG icons that scale to fit the icon area, meaning a single icon can be used to cater to all devices and screen sizes, plus SVG icons can be ‘themed’ to match the colors in the current JS Theme.
- Position Assistance for better, easier design layout for your remote forms, provides colored guidelines automatically for sizing and positioning objects more accurately.
- New Window controls for desktop apps, including the new Token Entry Field (allows preset values, like an email To: field), the new Breadcrumb control (for graphical navigation), and enhancements to the Check Box control.
- Side Panels for desktop apps, which are vertical panels that ‘pop out’ from the left or right side of a window containing clickable options or other content to the improve the UX.
- Toast Messages for desktop apps, which can contain useful Help information or Tips, or alerts and error messages for a better in-app experience.
- Plus the ability to edit code in the Remote Debugger on your live App Server deployments; support for OpenAPI 3 in RESTful Web Services, adding to Swagger 2 support; and increased performance in the Linux Headless Server by using MultiProcess server mode, to name a few…
Download and Try it
Having outlined some of the main features in Omnis Studio 10.2, we hope by now that we’ve convinced you to try it. We offer a free 90-day Trial registration, so you can try a fully working, unrestricted version of Omnis Studio 10.2 for up to 90 days, to prototype an application, or maybe to work through some of our training material, or take part in one our live online training sessions, including the “Omnis Studio Basics” course, which introduces you to the main features in Omnis Studio. So download it today and give it a try, and we’ll email you technical tips during the trial:
Download 90-day Free Trial: www.omnis.net/developers/free-trial/
Sign up for our online training: www.omnis.net/developers/online-training/
Upgrade via the Omnis Developer Program
Apart a straight-forward upgrade to Omnis Studio 10.2, you can join the Omnis Developer Partner Program (ODPP), and get the upgrade to Studio 10.2 immediately – on the program you get access all major and minor releases automatically, so Studio 10.2 and all maintenance releases and patches come with your subscription. The other main benefits of the ODPP include:
- Unlimited access to Technical Support via email and phone
- Discounts on deployment licenses (web and desktop client licenses)
- Access to the exclusive Runtime Maintenance Agreement to spread the cost of deployment
- The ability to report and track faults, and access to Beta programs
- Discounts on Consulting & training costs, plus free consultancy on higher program levels
For more information about the Omnis Developer Partner Program, and to start taking advantage of all the great technology in Omnis Studio 10.2, please see our website: www.omnis.net/developers/omnis-developer-partner-program
More info about Studio 10.2
If you would like to read more about the features and enhancements in Omnis Studio 10.2, you can download the “What’s New in Studio 10.2” PDF guide via the Omnis download page (available after you sign-up for the free trial), or you can take a look at this page: www.omnis.net/platform/omnis-studio-10