To apply for any jobs listed here, or to make a general enquiry about job opportunities with Omnis, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV and a summary of your experience and expectations.
Software Support Engineer
You will be an important part of a small team, so you will have the chance to make a real difference, helping customers to effectively use our software in a variety of business environments.
The important criteria for joining our support team are:
- Good analytical skills, demonstrating the ability to break down complex problems and a desire to get to the bottom of things.
- Rich technical skills and understanding of 4GL programming languages and scripting
- Confidence to operate in a customer facing role, with excellent communication and phone manners.
- Detail-oriented, diligent and with the ability to multi-task and follow through on multiple cases.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, pick up new concepts and technologies quickly are highly desirable.
- An eagerness and ability to learn, both on your own and from more experienced members of the team.
- Good problem-solving skills and a logical approach.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and use initiative.
- Passionate, curious and excited by new technology and the tech industry, with a desire to develop your skills.
- Hands-on experience of scripting & programming languages.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting on Windows, macOS and Linux platforms.
- Basic understanding and experience of databases and SQL.
- Solid understanding of networks and networking protocols.
The position will involve:
- Getting to understand our product Omnis Studio and its proprietary programming language.
- Communicating with customers and assisting with software support issues via phone and email
- Documenting your work.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies.
Along with your CV, please describe what attracts you to the position, what you feel you can offer Omnis Software and any achievements that you are particularly proud of.
Closing date for applications is 30th October 2019 .
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Saxmundham, IP17 2NL, UK