Omnis Technical Note TNID0001
Transferring Your Customised Component Store Between Versions of Omnis Studio
For Omnis Studio
By Omnis Technical Support
How do I get my custom components library from
Studio 2.0 to 2.x?
It is possible to copy new Class Items from Studio 2.0 in to version 2.x. However, this cannot be achieved by overwriting the new library with one from a previous version.
Use the following steps to convert the required Class Items:
1. In Studio 2.0 check that ALL of the Class Items that you require from the Component Store are
NEW Class Items. The conversion process will NOT recognise any modified Class Items.
If necessary, duplicate the Class Items and give them new names.
2. Copy the library (COMPS.LBS) to a safe location.
3. After completing the installation/upgrade to Studio 2.x. Load Omnis 2.x and open the
COMPCOPY.LBS library from the directory '...\OS21\convert', this will open a Copy Custom
Components dialog window.
4. Use the Browse button to point to your original library and click Next. This will display a Listbox
of the differences between the libraries.
5. BEFORE clicking Next, ensure that all of the Class Items that you require to be copied are selected
in the associated Copy Tick box(s). Deselect any Class Items that you do not require. For each
selected Class Item use the DropDown box on the 'Component Store Type' and select the
appropriate type kClassStoreHidden means that it will NOT be displayed kCompStoreTemplate is
the common setting kCompStoreWizard is to be used for Wizards only kCompStoreNewClassDefault
will set this Class Item as the selection default kCompStoreDesignObject is NOT to be used If
necessary, the Component Store Type can be changed at a later period by opening the
Component Store in the library browser and right clicking on the required Class Item (see figure 2).
6. Click Next to copy the selected Class Items to the Studio 2.x library.
7. Close and then reload Omnis 2.x and the Class Items will be present.